Champollion University was Founded in early 1990, and soon expanded to the North-East of Midi-Pyrenees with centres in Albi, Rodez, Castres and Figeac.
A public education institution, it is placed under the authority of the French Minister for Higher Education and Research.
Champollion university is administratively attached to the University of Toulouse, which encourages the development of research activities.
The university maintains close relationships with foreign education institutions. This facilitates exchanges between students and staff.
As a "student-friendly" university Champollion has many assets, among which its small size and quality lifestyle stand out.
The success of our students is paramount to us. In 2010 Champollion ranked first in Bachelor's degree attainment rates and was elected 'most friendly university'.
5 reasons to choose Champollion University
- Champollion is a welcoming and friendly place to study and good results are generally achieved.
- Champollion offers students many opportunities, from developing their French language skills to choosing from a a wide range of first-year programmes in accordance with the requirements of French universities.
- We strive to promote our tightly-knit community and provide a safe environment in a beautiful location.
- Champollion is located in a region that is open and dynamic, enjoying proximity to major World Heritage sites such as the Episcopal City of Albi or the Canal du Midi, and to the second 'student city' in France, Toulouse, one of the largest urban centres in the South of France.
- The cost of living is not excessive, and the accommodation and tuition fees are quite reasonably priced.