The objective of this multidisciplinary master's degree is to train experts and project leaders in the conception of multimedia resources designed for teaching through apprenticeships, professional training, initial training (serious games, learning games, simulators, transmedia, MOOC …), as well as all sectors of gamification (advergame, newsgame, edugame...).
This master's reflects the broad range of skills required in this new industry through its multidisciplinarity and its transverse topics : technological and computer sciences, human and social sciences, educational sciences, law and economics.
At the end of this course graduates will be able to design, manage, develop, budget and assess a serious gaming device or interactive digital media, linked primarily to training, but also linked to the fields of marketing, communication, and information.
This master's degree highlights five lines of study :
- Updating of skills
Because this master's is aimed at a wide audience, modules designed to update skills in various areas are offered during the first year, according to the student's background. These modules are 'Theory of Learning' and 'Methods, Techniques, and Learning Tools' on the one hand, 'Algorithms and Programming' and 'Introduction to Web Languages' on the other.
Teaching of transversal skills and creation of multidisciplinary collaborative workgroups for supervised projects and tutorials. This wealth of diversity demonstrates the dynamism and achievement of the course.
- Diversity of training
This master's is designed to adapt to three different types of training: continuous training, initial training, and training through apprenticeship. These three types of student can follow the same lessons at INU Champollion, the only difference being the projects and timing of internships. Furthermore this master's is accessible through the accreditation of acquired experience.
With a professional integration module and a long internship in the second year, this master's is committed to the professionalisation and employability of the students.
- Methodology through projects
The first three semesters of this master's each have an educational objective to promote the value of working on a project as part of a team, in multidisciplinary groups, allowing to create a learning situation through a real life project :
At the end of semester 7, the student will be able to design and script , as part of a team, an interactive media to convey a skill, information, or a message.
At the end of semester 8, the student will be able to design and produce, as part of a team, an interactive digital media (web game, 2D/3D game...).
At the end of semester 9, the student will be able to design, develop, experiment, and assess, as part of a team, an interactive learning media.
Compétences et savoir-faire
Skills and Knowledge
At the end of the two years of this master's degree, the trainee or student will be able to lead innovative projects in terms of developing interactive multimedia resources, particularly in the field of professional training.
This involves the following :
- Coordinate and lead a multidisciplinary team in a serious game project or an interactive digital resource, and set up tools for piloting the project, provisional budgets and quality control charts.
- Write the storyboard for a serious game or for an interactive experience through screenwriting tools, design behavioural actions and interactions and environments, then ensure the interpretations of the different teams (developer, graphic designer, sound engineer, trainer...)
- Design digital tools for learning and support, ensuring and checking all stages of the production process.
- Analyse and assess the relevance of traditional training resources in order to adapt them to create innovative interactive learning tools (social learning, learning management system, serious game...).
- Create, develop, or takeover a business or work as an employee in the field of serious games, identify personal strengths and weaknesses, and critically assess own professional practice.
Organisation du diplôme
- Each semester is centred around a precise educational objective. In the first year, supervised projects allow the student to quickly put into practice the concepts of gamification, writing interactive material and digital resources through teamwork.
- During the second year, the student works as part of a team through a final project which assesses the student's ability to design, develop, experiment, and assess an interactive learning media.
- A long internship (20 weeks), also in the second year, enables the training to be fully integrated in a professional context, thus establishing firm links with the future profession.